Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'd like to see

Lately with the low water levels and continued lack of rain making fishing at best difficult, I have found myself thinking about the future and things I would like to see. First I would like to see more streams and rivers statewide that are fish able for the entire summer. Does this require the continued efforts in dam removal on the Blackstone or just identifying suitable water and increasing the stocking efforts? To be honest I'm not sure if either of these are feasible or even if they will work, but I'm really just thinking out loud here. But the thing I would really like to see is an increase in the number of younger members at our meetings. I believe that this is the single most important factor in TU's growth and continued strength in the future. Sadly I have no idea how to accomplish this, at least not without help. So if anyone knows a young person who might be interested in our work please invite them to a meetings. Thanks for your time

John

No comments:

Post a Comment